Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Next Step Jobs
At Imagine Learning Studios, our mission is to inspire aha! moments in students around the world. Previously known as Twig Education, our acquisition in 2021 by the largest digital curriculum provider in the US, Imagine Learning, allows us to invest more in our products and push ahead with our ambitious plans to expand even further. Together, we support educators in transforming the learning experience for young people with our innovative digital resources.
This role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the reversioning process, which includes translation and localisation of films, textbooks and online platforms, with a particular focus on materials translated into Spanish. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract. We offer a hybrid working arrangement with 2 days working from the office and 3 days WFH.
Essential Job Functions
- Translate educational materials from English into Spanish with a high degree of accuracy, consistency, and consideration of contextual factors.
- Review materials that have been translated from English to Spanish by other translators or machine translation to ensure high-quality content.
- Collaborate with other Spanish linguists to agree on style points, conventions, and translations of key terms.
- Check and verify matched segments using translation software, and identify segments that require translation.
- QC and update print files in InDesign, work with digital XML content.
- Other tasks related to reversioning such as captioning videos, creating transcripts, working in CMS to ensure all content is neatly and consistently formatted and properly structured.
- Perform other responsibilities within the scope of expertise.
What’s In It For You?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. IL has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at ILS, UK include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
- Dog-friendly office
ILS, UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think You Might Fit This Role?
You should be based in the UK and have a right to work in the UK. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis. To apply, please view the full job description via the link below, and complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and Cover Letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Please note, we will not be considering the applications without Cover Letters attached to them. We will be interviewing suitable candidates throughout this process.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.