Other Jobs You Might Like
KMTV is the South East’s newest OFCOM regulated TV station serving the county of Kent and available on Freeview, cable and online. We are part of the local television network and make our own news, sport, music, business, politics, lifestyle and science programmes. We are on-air for 24 hours a day showing films and entertainment programmes too.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified journalist (NCTJ or equivalent) to join the KMTV news team as a reporter on our daily flagship news show, Kent Tonight, our website and social media services.
The successful applicant will have a passion for news and high quality TV and online production. Experience in working in broadcast journalism is desirable, but not essential.
In return for their enthusiasm and commitment, they will join a professional, hard-working team making news output and with the opportunity to work on other shows too such as, The Kent Politics Show, Made in Kent and BASSed in Kent. Many of KMTV’s award-winning reporters have gone on to work for organisations such as the BBC, Sky News, and ITV amongst other national and international outlets.
Those we invite for an interview will have a combination of essential and desirable skills:
- NCTJ qualified
- A proven track record in delivering news stories
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work both independently and in a team environment
- Constantly comes up with good ideas and a proven ability to make and nurture contacts
- A strong grasp of creating and delivering content on social media platforms
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working in a busy, professional newsroom
- Experience of Final Cut Pro X
- Good knowledge of the region and where the best news sources can be found
The position is being offered as a two year fixed contract, with the opportunity for extension or permanent position.
KMTV is an employer that is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds and communities.|
KMTV is based at Chatham in Kent and is owned by the University of Kent and The KM Group.
Apply with a CV, covering letter and examples of work to Channel Director Andy Richards (email@example.com) – do mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.