Other Jobs You Might Like
DeHavilland is the leading provider of political insight and intelligence, supplying public affairs professionals with the information and analysis they need to react to and influence government policy. We make it our business to understand and meet the needs of our clients, which include major players in financial services, tech and digital, infrastructure, energy, healthcare and government.
We pride ourselves on our service, which is underpinned by powerful technology and brought to life by our team of really talented people. It is fast-paced and fun, covering both the big drama of politics and the small detail of the policies that really change lives.
Working closely with members of DeHavilland’s Policy and Marketing teams, the sub-editor will work on a range of content to ensure the highest standards of accuracy, quality and consistency across DeHavilland’s most important content.
The role includes sub-editing, proof-reading and laying-out content for clients and prospects, proactively driving engagement and supporting all members of the Policy Team to develop their writing skills.
- Sub-edit, format, edit and proof-read content by staff and freelancers in line with DeHavilland’s house style and client needs to ensure content is of the highest standard
- Rigorously and quickly check content for grammar, punctuation, spelling, accuracy, value and internal consistency.
- Recognise and resolve errors, queries and ambiguity in copy.
- Lay-out and format content within Adobe InDesign and DeHavilland’s content management systems, including sourcing and choosing imagery or multimedia content.
- Work within a CMS to edit, format and publish engaging and optimised digital content
- Write engaging headlines and headings and use page furniture to deliver impactful and clear visual hierarchy of content and messaging.
- Check for potential libel and other risks such as illegal or inappropriate use of data
- Work closely with members of the UK and EU Policy Teams giving constructive feedback and supporting them to develop their writing skills for short and longer-form content.
- Use analytics and other forms of customer feedback to drive engagement with DeHavilland’s content.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience and qualifications required
- At least 1-2 years’ sub-editing experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe InDesign essential
- Experience of working with a CMS
- Ability to assess quality of content and identify problems, gaps and appropriate action
- Ability to make confident, robust decisions at speed and under pressure.
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive and questioning attitude.
- An excellent command of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- A high level of numeracy.
- An interest in and understanding of social media and SEO is desirable.
- Experience working with data visualisation is desirable.
- An interest in politics and public affairs is desirable.
Please send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19th