- Remote Working
- Starting Out
DEVELOP3D, the premier technology title for the product design, development and engineering community, is expanding its team and is seeking a UK-based staff writer with an eye for a good story.
We’re looking for a tenacious, energetic self-starter with training in print and online mediums. You will be responsible for bringing in scoops, writing features and making a name for yourself in the vibrant and sociable world of product development.
- NCTJ qualifications are ideal
- Work experience on technology titles is ideal
- Experience in managing tight deadlines
- Strong news and feature writing skills
- Willingness to network with the industry, including travel
- A strong interest in technology
- Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop / InDesign / Premiere Pro) skills an advantage
- WordPress skills an advantage
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing news for the develop3d.com website and bi-monthly magazine. This will be comprised of exclusives, some relevant press releases, company news including new technology releases and any other relevant market news
- Contributing to news analysis and features
- Interviewing on the phone, video-conference platforms and in person for both news and features
- Subbing and publishing colleague copy online
- Uploading stories and social posts on to the content management system
- Managing our regular community emails
- Representing DEVELOP3D at events in the UK and abroad
- Working with the Editor and team to develop and follow-up key stories
- Contributing to videos and podcasts where required
- Supporting DEVELOP3D’s annual DEVELOP3D LIVE conference
Who Is DEVELOP3D?
DEVELOP3D is owned by X3DMedia, a leading business-to-business (B2B) information, marketing services and events company with a global audience. Founded in 2008 the title has grown to become a leading player in the B2B design and engineering industry, offering clients a range of multi-media products and solutions.
Key topics include the use of CAD, 3D Printing, VR/AR/XR, visualisation and simulation software, and other cutting-edge technologies across all product design verticals – from jewellery and watchmaking, through automotive and aerospace, and even spacecraft.
- Competitive salary of £19k – £23k depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave + 3 additional days at Christmas
- Predominantly working from home
- Group personal pension plan
To apply please send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.