Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
The Senior Producer will take a leadership role putting together the programme for debates, interviews and discussions both live streamed and at UnHerd’s new events space in Westminster. This will include casting and securing guests, scheduling, and seeing them through to a successful output in person and in video form. The successful candidate will combine experience of producing live discussions (in a broadcast or events context) with a good news instinct and knowledge of the world of ideas, books and politics. Creativity, flair and a love of making things happen is essential.
- You will be responsible for driving the full lifecycle of UnHerd Live’s live streams and in person events from generating ideas, booking guests, programming, and working closely with the Events Manager to ensure the events run efficiently and smoothly
- Coordinate planning meetings with the Events Manager and editorial staff
- You will work closely with the Commercial and Partnerships Manager to ensure the space is being utilised to its full potential
- You will be on top of current affairs and have an awareness of upcoming events in politics, media and the arts.
- You will be aware who is visiting London (academics, politicians, authors etc)
- You will be able to work well independently – but also alongside camera operators, sound engineers and editors to create a seamless result for the client
- Keep team calendars and event tracker documents up to date with current states of all custom events
- You will have an understanding of UnHerd’s mission and editorial perspective
- Substantial experience in producing live events
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver under pressure and strict deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A good negotiator, with an ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- You will be experienced in production coordination and programming
- Familiar with MS Office and Google workspace
- Experience in partnerships and sponsorships is preferred
If you think you might be right for this role, send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.