Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Next Step Jobs
At Imagine Learning Studios, our mission is to inspire aha! moments in students around the world. Previously known as Twig Education, our acquisition in 2021 by the largest digital curriculum provider in the US, Imagine Learning, allows us to invest more in our products and push ahead with our ambitious plans to expand even further. Together, we support educators in transforming the learning experience for young people with our innovative digital resources.
The Lead Spanish Reversioning Editor is primarily responsible for maintaining the high quality of Imagine Learning Studios’ educational content in Spanish. This involves leading on editorial decisions for all Spanish content, as well as project management of the teams and tasks involved in the reversioning process.
This role requires a highly versatile individual who is able to deploy a wide range of skills: on a daily basis they are required to exercise editorial judgement in English and Spanish, use technical skills, plan projects, analyse risks, and support other team members. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract. We offer a hybrid working arrangement with 2 days working from the office and 3 days WFH.
Essential Job Functions
- Scope, plan and schedule for projects involving Spanish.
- Coordination of tasks within Spanish translation projects, including use of translation software to assign and manage team members’ work.
- Consult and collaborate with the wider Reversioning team to make and document editorial and linguistic decisions relating to Spanish content.
- Brief translators and editors and deal with their editorial queries.
- Translate educational materials from English into Spanish with a high degree of accuracy, consistency, and consideration of contextual factors.
- Review materials that have been translated from English to Spanish by other translators or machine translation.
- Find ways to improve reversioning systems and processes.
- Possess an awareness of grammar and vocabulary of Latin American variants of Spanish
- Develop and maintain Spanish style guides, and work closely with Spanish translators and editors to develop a consistent, appropriate, and engaging style and ‘voice’.
- Lead on the use of translation management software within the company with the aim of facilitating a smoother, faster, and more accurate translation process.
- Other tasks related to reversioning such as captioning videos, creating transcripts, working in CMS to ensure all content is neatly and consistently formatted and properly structured.
- Provide support and training for new members of the team.
- Perform other responsibilities within the scope of expertise.
What’s In It For You?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. IL has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at ILS, UK include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
- Dog-friendly office
ILS, UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think You Might Fit This Role?
You should be based in the UK and have a right to work in the UK. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis. To apply, please view the full job description via the link below, and complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and Cover Letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Please note, we will not be considering the applications without Cover Letters attached to them. We will be interviewing suitable candidates throughout this process.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.