- Flexible Working
- Freelance Gig
Wanted: A financially-savvy content writer to produce high quality articles about all things personal finance (with a particular focus on investing but knowledge about savings, mortgages, pensions, consumer lending etc would be an advantage).
The writer will report to Head of Content for weekly briefs and be expected to deliver between three and four articles per week. This is a freelance position and fully remote, but you will be expected to stick to strict weekly deadlines to keep up with our publishing schedule.
The Content Writer will be part of a small and enthusiastic team and will contribute their ideas to the editorial calendar. Their time is entirely flexible, except for attendance at the weekly team Zoom meeting one hour per week.
The ideal candidate will also be familiar with SEO writing practice, confident with WordPress, and understand how to write complex subjects in a way that’s accessible for everyone.
The ideal Content Writer will:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a journalism or related background
- Have experience working with financial content
- Be able to write at least three articles per week on a weekly basis
- Commit to the weekly team meeting
- Know their way around WordPress
- Be confident with communicating complex financial topics
- Have a proven track record delivering financial content
- Take an active interest in personal finance (such as investing)
- Be detail-oriented
- Deliver error-free copy to tight deadlines
The star candidate would also:
- Have demonstrable previous marketing skills
- Understand website design and development
- Demonstrate a track record in boosting website traffic with SEO writing
- Have personal experience of topics such as investing, mortgages, credit scores, loans
- Recognise the growing need for women 25-45 to create a financial portfolio
- Be able to start immediately
- Understand social media and how it ties in with content success
- Demonstrate knowledge of market competitors
Pay: We will expect around 5,000 words a week from the writer, paying £250. Some months there will also be an eBook to write for £300. We also require the writer to attend weekly, hour-long meetings and connect with the Content Manager occasionally. That activity will bring in an extra £50 per month.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, and include a picture of a magpie to show you can read and follow instructions. Applications without a Magpie or cover letter included will be automatically disregarded. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we can only respond to those successful for the interview stage (taking place the week of 10th May). Please mention Journo Resources when you apply – it really helps us out.