Other Jobs You Might Like
DeHavilland/Forefront Advisers’s Editorial and Events team is looking for a Freelance Assistant Content Editor to work for approximately 16 hours per week across Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday up until mid-December 2023.
Working closely with DeHavilland/Forefront Advisers’s Editorial and Events team is looking for a Freelance Assistant Content Editor to work for approximately 16 hours per week across Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday up until mid-December 2023.
Working closely with members of DeHavilland’s Policy teams in the UK and EU and sometimes with the UK/EU teams at Forefront Advisers, the Freelance Assistant Content Editor will work on a range of content to ensure the highest standards of accuracy, quality and consistency across both brand’s most important content.
The focus of the role will be on sub-editing and proofreading Committee coverage produced by DeHavilland and its team of freelancers, as well as some additional tasks.
· Sub-edit, format, edit and proofread content by staff and freelancers in line with DeHavilland and Forefront Advisers’s house style and client needs to ensure content is of the highest standard.
· Rigorously and quickly check content for grammar, punctuation, spelling, accuracy, value and internal consistency.
· Ensuring uniformity and consistency between both EU and UK material.
· Recognise and resolve errors, queries and ambiguity in copy.
· Work within a CMS to edit, format and publish engaging and optimised digital content.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Required skills, experience and qualifications
· Minimum one year working in proofing or content editing.
· Experience writing, editing or sub-editing in a fast-paced political environment.
· Ability to assess the quality of content and identify problems, gaps and appropriate action.
· Excellent command of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· An interest in UK/EU politics and public affairs is desirable.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign beneficial.
We are looking for someone to start from the beginning of September. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org