Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
- Senior Jobs
Law.com International is a fast-growing and highly successful publication featuring news and analysis of the legal industry across the globe.
We are seeking a London-based editor with an interest in international news to help assign, edit and manage articles for the publication as well as act as an ambassador for the brand.
Off-diary journalism, scoops, analysis, and investigations are our main focus, with this role playing a key part in liaising with reporters and editors in different time zones and handling a range of fast and complex and investigative articles from around the world.
What You Will Do
- Assign and edit articles from a variety of timezones relating to the business of law, regulation, litigation and anything else affecting commercial law.
- Handle breaking news and in-depth analysis from around the world, making sure we beat our rivals. This includes managing the site and newsletters.
- Guide reporters in their work to ensure total fairness and accuracy in our reporting, while helping them establish and nurture relationships with key contacts and develop ideas for original, enterprise stories.
- Discover and write stories and commentaries and take part in ALM events.
- Must be able to edit to produce clear, engaging and authoritative edits to tight deadlines, as well as produce punchy, enticing headlines.
- Must be able to take responsibility for the publication, ensuring a good quantity and quality of material at all times.
- Being versatile and working as a team player is essential.
- Any public speaking experience is preferable for taking part in events.
Law.com International has a network of reporters, correspondents and editors across 13 countries, all of whom are energetic, dynamic, upbeat individuals who work hard on producing excellent off-diary journalism.