Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Your work matters to millions.
Shaping culture is in the DNA of ITV. So, it’s not surprising that you’ll find us in every home in the UK, our productions are famous all over the world and we’re at the forefront of the digital streaming revolution.
When you join us, you enter a fun working environment. With opportunities to learn, to grow and make a real difference. Small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
Come develop your skills, change TV and the course of your career. Don’t just watch it. Be part of it. Join ITV.
Your impact sends ripples.
Our News team delivers high quality and trustworthy television and online coverage that regularly attracts audiences in excess of 3.5 million viewers. It’s a fast moving environment with a huge variety of roles and challenges on offer. We operate in 11 main news production centres across England, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Channel Islands. We also have a Political Unit and a Weather centre based in the heart of Westminster.. And finally, we produce a range of current affairs & factual programming out of ITV Wales, UTV and ITV Border.
The ITV News Border team is looking for an experienced journalist to join their team of Content Editors.
The role is a senior position in the ITV Border newsroom and you may be required to take responsibility for programme producing, news editing and planning. This is an opportunity for an experienced journalist who wishes to gain further experience as a line manager and decision-maker on our newsdesk whilst also supporting our Head of News and managers in leading our news team.
You will either be a qualified journalist, to NCTJ level or equivalent with a minimum three years experience working in a broadcast newsroom or equivalent, or have a real depth of experience gained by working within a multi-media news operation. You will be able to demonstrate your skills in creative journalism, editorially and visually, to make our news content engaging and relevant to our audience online and on air.
With your thorough knowledge of journalism compliance, the Ofcom Code, privacy legislation and health and safety law and your excellent editorial judgement, you will be able to make informed decisions confidently and to tight deadlines.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and you possess the journalistic and people management skills that will help us achieve our goals, then we’d love to hear from you.
Skills you’ll need (minimum criteria)
- Proven experience of producing or planning impactful, high-quality & distinctive News content to deadlines and under pressure.
- A strong knowledge of media law & compliance and the ability to exercise excellent editorial judgement.
- Experience of successfully leading or managing others or projects.
Other things we’re looking for (key criteria)
- An understanding of the importance of Diversity & Inclusion in determining output.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to demonstrate resilience & determination with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Proven track record of working successfully to deadlines and focusing well under pressure.
- A passion for Regional News
- Experience of using Social Media as a promotional tool
- A good knowledge of the ITV News region to which you are applying
Please upload your CV (via the ITV careers site) together with a concise letter of application. Please outline why you want this role and what you would bring to the team as a Content Editor.
ITV is for everyone.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people. As a Disability Confident Leader, if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee to take you to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments. Drop us a line if you require anything at email@example.com.
Find out more about applying with a disability.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
Because those who make an impact deserve to be rewarded for it.
ITV offers some great rewards and benefits including
- Flexible working options available
- Generous holiday allowance, plus you can buy more
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Competitive pension contribution
- Save as you earn – with an opportunity to buy ITV shares
- Wellbeing and volunteering days plus a wide range of opportunities to help you live a balanced and healthy life
Please note the notice period for this role is 3 months (this will include any new contracts/ secondments)