Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
Being an Irish Sun Apprentice is a gateway to a great career in journalism. During your time with us, you will earn a living wage, and get full training — including an NCTJ Diploma in Journalism — with all your course fees paid.
You will receive mentoring and coaching bespoke to you and delivered by some of the most experienced and talented journalists in the industry.
Your Role: You will spend time with our reporting, subbing and digital team. You’ll learn everything we can teach you about how to create content, tell and share stories, attract, grow and capture an audience. You will spend four days a week with us doing on-the-job training and a day a week learning about how to hone your journalism skills studying towards your qualification.
What We’re Looking For From You:
- You are passionate about journalism and creating the best content
- You turn new and imaginative ideas into reality and can help us create a fresh tone that will resonate with a more diverse audience
- You excite people by the way you tell stories
- You make the complex simple
- You have a desire to do well
- You are a good storyteller and know what makes a story interesting
More than anything you have a passion for learning and will grab this opportunity with both hands with the aspiration of being a creative force.
Online Application > Telephone Interview > Assessment Centre (November)
As part of the Online Application process answer the following 3 questions:
- Tell us about yourself and why you have applied for this apprenticeship.
- What do you think makes great storytelling?
- Give us an example of a story you have covered / or would like to cover – and how you would treat that story on social media.
Applications close Sunday 29th of October if you have any questions about your application please contact us at email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.