Do you eat, sleep and breathe LGBTQI culture? Do you love words and working with a diverse team? Then you could be just what we’re looking for.
DIVA is looking for a hard-working, talented, flexible and eagle-eyed sub-editor to join our team, working five days a month on a freelance basis.
About The Role:
As DIVA sub-editor, you will:
- Sub-edit copy as provided by the editor(s) for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and house style.
- Fact-check where required.
- Edit copy for length where required.
- Write headlines, stand firsts, picture captions and pull-quotes as required.
- Liaise directly with contributors about any issues arising from their copy via email.
- Communicate with the editor(s) about any issues with copy and/or ongoing issues with particular contributors.
- Take responsibility for overseeing and developing the DIVA house style guide.
The successful applicant will be working five days a month – three days from home across the print cycle and two office days in press week.
- A keen eye for detail.
- At least one year’s experience working on a print publication or similar fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Experience working with software including InCopy and InDesign.
- A cool head on your shoulders.
- Great general knowledge.
- A stickler for good spelling and grammar.
- A team player.
- Passionate about queer culture.
- Interested in contributing to Team DIVA in other ways.
DIVA is the world’s leading magazine for lesbians and bisexual women and one of the most successful LGBTQI titles. First launched in 1994, we publish 12 issues a year and are at the cutting edge of queer culture. Our various media platforms provide comment, news, politics, humour, reviews, information, scene coverage and entertainment to keep readers informed and entertained.
Interested? Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Applications close 22 April 2019, with interviews taking place in London that week.
Please note: We particularly welcome applications from those with minority backgrounds and individuals with intersecting identities.