Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Next Step Jobs
- Remote Working
- Starting Out
The Know is on a mission to help people feel better about the news, and we’re looking for an excellent writer to produce our newsletters. The perfect candidate for this role is creative, forward-thinking, and works well independently. They’re passionate about writing, and are great at simplifying complex issues.
They also have a passion for news and social media, and are excited to engage our audience in important conversations happening in both spheres. They’re a digital native with an eye for a good story: someone who has an instinctive grasp of what will hit the zeitgeist. This is a rare opportunity to work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, and will suit a hand-raiser excited to make their mark in a high-growth media startup.
- Write our daily (Monday-Friday) newsletters in our tone of voice, selecting stories that fit our ethos and interest our demographic.
- Pitch and write 1-2 original guides per month for our website, often relating to lifestyle, leisure, and self-care.
- Work with partners to create collaborative guides on the topics that will best resonate with our audience.
- Produce sponsored and cross-promotional content for our partnerships.
- Maintain our newsletter analytics reporting and use data to inform editorial decisions.
- Help direct overall content strategy by proactively tracking opportunities for improvement.
- Jump on other projects – we’re a small team, and we love people who are interested in taking responsibility for new initiatives.
- Passionate about engaging people with the news and have a strong understanding of how best to connect with our demographic (women aged 18-40).
- Aware of important social issues and political developments – plus, an instinct for recognising what might become a bigger story in a week, month, or year’s time.
- Excellent written and editorial skills, a keen eye for detail, and a great sense of judgement. You can recognise and amend phrasing that might be inappropriate or harmful.
- A skill for writing succinct and relatable copy.
- Comfortable maintaining analytics reporting, using spreadsheets, and interpreting data to make editorial decisions.
How To Apply
Apply here — and please mention Journo Resources when you do, it really helps us out!
Deadline for applications Sunday 11th September at midnight. Early applications are encouraged as we’re looking to fill this role ASAP.