Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Proactive Investors has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Financial Reporters to join our in-house editorial team.
You will be excellent at multi-tasking with an eye for detail and enjoy customer relationship.
Proactive Investors Summary
In the UK alone, there are 2,032 publicly quoted companies on the London Stock Exchange, with approximately half quoted on the MAIN Market and half on AIM. Each of these companies have to ensure that their publicly traded stock is being fairly traded through the dissemination of accurate account of their performance that allows investors to determine whether they are a good investment.
Proactive Investor Group Holdings Ltd (“Proactive Investors” or “Proactive”) is the longest established online platform providing investors with live news and commentary in order to make informed choices. The Platform serves as a bridge allowing investors to gather market intelligence directly from companies. Companies that use it to communicate directly to their investor community are primarily small to mid-cap companies or companies listed on AIM.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Editor of Proactive Investors UK, the Senior Financial Report will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify and write financial and business news stories, features and opeds.
- Understand and be able to analyse financial markets including company figures, macro-economic news and key stock market drivers
- Interview and source stories from leading business figures including chief executives, senior management fund managers, government representatives and others.
- Edit stories for accuracy, style and substance
- A good working knowledge of best SEO practice and to be able to use this to build site traffic
- Liaise with clients both directly and with the sales team
Skills & Experience Required:
- The successful candidate will possess at least three years previous experience in business journalism, financial markets, or a specialist area such as biopharma, tech or mining.
- Possess excellent editing and writing skills and be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- As this is a senior appointment, some evidence of managerial responsibilities will be required, which can be either demonstration of ability to organise a news desk, recruitment or team or individual progression.
Work Environment – What We Offer
- A competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Opportunities for career enhancement. Proactive is in a growth phase currently and can offer the opportunity to develop your first rate journalism skills.
- Long term possibility to work abroad. Proactive has offices around the world and is keen for employees to take advantage of the various options that brings.
- A chance to work at one of the best-known names in financial markets in the UK, Australia and North America
How To Apply
Please apply through the link below. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.