Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
Wanted: a Researcher with a passion for news & current affairs for a key role on a weekly regional BBC TV programme. Based in London/Tunbridge Wells
We are a small team producing a regional political debate show on behalf of the BBC: Politics South East.
To join us you’ll need to:
- have excellent all-round journalistic skills: the role involves writing punchy, accurate scripts and longer briefs for our presenters.
- be able to pick out the nitty-gritty from detailed government reports
- have strong communication skills including a friendly phone manner and the ability to talk with contributors in person
- be a self-starter who can bring ideas to production meetings
- work on your own initiative and juggle priorities under pressure
It’s essential to have a good knowledge of news and current affairs and an interest in British politics and/or history. Familiarity with the south east region (Kent and Sussex) would be an advantage. You do not need previous TV experience, but it would help you to get to grips with what is a demanding but rewarding role. Any radio or local newspaper experience would also be useful. Ideal candidates would be from the SE region.
The successful candidate must be available to start in mid to late May. The initial contract will be for approx. 6 weeks with a potential to extend. The salary will be £500-£550pw depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please send in a full CV, with two references and an email letter telling us why you would be right for the job. Deadline for the applications is: 15 May.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark clearly in Subject : researcher for PSE. Please mentioned Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.