Other Jobs You Might Like
As a Press Officer you will write press comments, releases and columns as needed; help manage the press and media output of the Scottish Conservative MSPs; and contribute to the group’s wider strategic aims. This is a fast-paced role working in a wider press and media team, and the successful candidate must be comfortable working under pressure and collaboratively with others.
The ideal candidate will have strong judgement, good news sense and a thorough understanding of the Scottish political landscape. Experience of working in journalism, PR or communications is desirable but not essential. Research or political experience may be beneficial.
This role represents a unique opportunity to support the work of the Scottish Conservative MSPs in Holyrood and develop your career in a fast-paced political/ comms environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Writing media comments, press releases, columns and social media content
• Helping to plan media coverage according to strategic aims
• Generating ideas for media content and pitching to journalists
• Supporting MSPs by attending media events
• Building strong relationships with journalists, MSPs and other relevant stakeholders
• Organising and arranging interviews and press conferences as required
• Producing high-quality press briefings, speeches, presentations, and written materials
• Contributing to the wider strategic direction of the Scottish Conservative group
• Good organisational skills, strong teamwork and the ability to be proactive are essential
• Strong written communication skills and a good news sense
• Comfortable working under pressure and to a fast pace
• A journalism, broadcast or communications background
• Research or analytical skills
• Experience producing social media content
• A strong interest in Scottish politics and awareness of the Scottish political landscape
• A commitment to supporting the Scottish Conservative media team in their values and aspirations
For any questions about the role please contact email@example.com
To apply, click on “send CV” and upload your CV and supporting statement as one document. When you’ve clicked “send CV” use the text box to provide wording for the cover email. Your CV should be no more than two sides of A4. Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role and should be no longer than one side of A4. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered.