Other Jobs You Might Like
Work in our London office to deliver long form, visually rich digital journalism alongside our three Correspondents, two Camera Operators and Supervising Producer.
About the Role
ABC International News is seeking an experienced digital producer to work in our ABC News London office providing accuracy, credibility, and authority for all ABC platforms. The role will involve:
- Produce and research a wide variety of news and current affairs content for ABC News digital platforms (online and social media) with depth, immediacy, and accuracy.
- Regularly propose and develop original story ideas from the UK and across Europe.
- Highly developed writing and subbing skills.
- Work as directed by the Bureau Chief and support the team of Foreign Correspondents
- Help expand the ABC’s Online and Digital News coverage.
- Adhere to ABC values in the workplace.
Key Capabilities / Qualifications / Experience
- An extensive knowledge of the region, including diplomatic, political, economic, social and cultural issues and events.
- Working with the International Digital Editor, the London digital producer/journalist is responsible for developing and commissioning stories from correspondents, as well as pursuing their own stories.
- Experience with online Content Management Systems (CMS) is favourable. Responsible for producing online stories for ABC News Europe correspondents as well as their own work to a high standard.
- A commitment to assisting in the expansion of the ABC’s Online and Digital Journalism networks and coverage to find new audiences. Focus on growing youth and female audiences particularly through the creation of bespoke content for the ABC’s social media channels (TikTok/Instagram/YouTube).
- A willingness to step into the London Supervising Producer Role as required – responsibilities to include rosters, research, logistics, general TV and radio production.
- The energy, stamina and willingness to work long and irregular hours, and to work off- base for extended periods, sometimes without much notice. To carry out hazardous and/or arduous assignments and to take leave as directed, if necessary.
- The organisation and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of and commitment to the effective governance and management of the ABC’s London bureau.
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC’s aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
London Digital Producer
- 12 month contract
- Monday to Friday shift pattern
- 57,000 GBP gross salary per year
- Right to Work in UK Required
- Applications close: 2nd March 2023
To apply & for further information on this position please contact London.firstname.lastname@example.org