- Flexible Working
- Freelance Gig
Looking for journalists interested in video – explainers, politics
I make journalistic explainers and short films about politics for campaign organisations and YouTube.
I’m looking for someone who’s good at research and writing. The work is remote, part-time and project based. As a rough guide, I’m happy to pay £170 a day (more potentially for skilled candidates). I’m also happy to agree project rates.
Knowledge of politics, current affairs, and the culture wars is very welcome. If you’ve studied the subject or written about it, please do say so. Subjects I expect to cover soon:
- Political ideologies – liberalism, anarchism etc
- A guide to each of the UK newspapers and how they affect politics
- The debate over different definitions of racism
- A visual guide to Parliament and how it works
- Previous films are here: https://www.youtube.com/@BrendanMillerExplains/featured
I don’t expect you to have good video scripting skills (I can teach this), but if you’re an enthusiast for YouTube explainers please do say so and tell me what you like.
How To Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SCRIPTING” in the subject line. It will help me if you include the following (though it’s not compulsory):
One example of work that demonstrates mastery of a complicated area – e.g. politics, policy.
Make sure to mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.