Other Jobs You Might Like
Holyrood magazine is looking for a journalist with a specific interest in cutting-edge digital technology and how that impacts public service delivery.
You will work as part of the editorial team delivering the editorial content for both online and print platforms and work specifically on raising the profile of our Holyrood Connect brand working alongside the events team on sharing content and expertise in this vital policy area.
As a journalist with Scotland’s foremost political communications company, Holyrood Communications Ltd, part of Total Politics Group, you will have at least two years’ experience working on a print/digital title and will have experience of writing news and features for both on and off-line along with online editing skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist who would relish the opportunity to work at the very heart of Scotland’s political community and enjoy the unique relationship that Holyrood has established with parliamentarians. You will be a self-starter with an interest in developing your knowledge of digital technology and its impact on public service delivery and use that expertise and enthusiasm to drive increased subscribers to the Connect newsletter and website.
The successful candidate will be able to work to speed across both news and features and provide content for print and online to the high standards expected of our award-winning editorial team.
We are looking for a journalist who has energy and drive, is a team player, can write accurate copy, work to tight deadlines, has a deep understanding of policy, politics and how government works, and wants to take a deep dive into the issue of how digital technology is helping deliver faster, more efficient, and cost effective public services.
The candidate will have:
- A recognised qualification in journalism
- Experience of working on a print title as well as digital
- Background or interest in digital technology
- An understanding of Scottish politics
- An understanding of policy and the legislative processes
- The ability to balance a varied workload
- Well-developed communications skills
- An ability to work to deadlines
- An ability to write strong and accurate copy
- Meticulous attention to detail and first-class time management and organisational skills
- Experience of working individually and as part of a team
- Good contacts
Submit your CV and covering letter to Mandy Rhodes, Managing Editor: email@example.com
Please do mention us at Journo Resources when you apply. It really helps us out!