Other Jobs You Might Like
- Freelance Gig
NBC News Digital is looking for an experienced editor to join its team in London, working Saturdays and Sunday, and three days during the week. The editor will curate the NBC News homepage and app, write headlines and breaking news alerts, and distribute content to partners such as Apple News, Yahoo, and Flipboard.
The ideal candidate will have strong news judgment and a keen sense for stories that captivate American audiences. They will also have experience writing headlines, using real-time analytics, and programming digital platforms for a major news organisation. They will know what compels audiences to read stories and watch video on mobile and desktop.
This position requires the ability to make decisions under pressure and multitask when news breaks. Working on weekends, the editor will be part of a small but dedicated crew that is crucial in keeping our highly engaged audiences up to date.
Experience and comfort working independently is a must.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must. Candidates should be comfortable working in a hybrid WFH environment and juggling the multitude of communication channels and large volume of comms that come with Slack, email and Teams meetings.
The position is freelance and would require the successful candidate to work part of the week out of the NBC News bureau on the Sky campus in Osterley, London.
- Curate the NBC News app, NBCNews.com and MSNBC.com with a lively mix of breaking news, politics, enterprise reporting and video
- Work independently and use flawless news judgment to update multiple platforms while juggling many of the tasks below
- Write and edit news alerts for app and email
- Write sharp, accurate and engaging headlines for A/B testing
- Distribute and pitch stories to external partners like Apple News and Flipboard
- Monitor real-time analytics to inform story curation and distribution strategy
- Work with the photo team to illustrate stories on desktop and app
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and comparable work experience
- 3+ years’ experience working as a homepage editor or social media editor, preferably with experience at a major news organisation
- A broad knowledge of current affairs, including politics, race, social justice, international affairs, pop culture and sports
- An interest in and knowledge of US news
- Must be comfortable collaborating in a creative but demanding environment under tight deadlines
Send your CV and cover directly to:
Brinley Bruton, Senior news editor, London bureau manager – NBC News Digital – Brinley.Bruton@NBCUNI.COM