- Next Step Jobs
Finextra is the world’s largest financial technology news service and online community. We inform and connect over 800,000 banking, payments, and fintech professionals each month to support innovation in financial services.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at an established financial news organisation, assisting with all aspects of content creation. We’re after someone who’ll support the content team in the delivery of high-quality significant volume of copy to often tight deadlines. These projects include a combination of traditional journalism — on-site interviews, blogs, news stories, videos, and long-form reports. Experience in these channels is required.
In addition to general contribution, the role will also focus on building Finextra’s content, profile, and network of contacts and customers within a number of specific growth segments.
- Regularly pitching feature and news ideas;
- Regularly writing news articles, features, and editorial long reads;
- Regularly carrying out outreach and interviews for features and long reads on an ongoing basis;
- Keeping updated on current news, with a clear mind toward an area of specialisation;
- Assisting the Content Team and wider company with upcoming event preparation and coverage.
- Leading editorial pitches with efforts to work on more analytical, ‘investigative’ pieces;
- Confident reaching out to potential sources;
- Attending events as a Finextra representative;
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with sources and PR agencies to build up network of contacts.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude;
- 2 years of experience in content or Editorial Assistant level;
- Proven and demonstrable professional level of writing and editing skills;
- Journalism experience; degree and/or NCTJ training preferable but not necessary;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise own workload.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Madhvi Mavadiya by March 9, 2024. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.