Other Jobs You Might Like
The Market Research Society (MRS) is seeking an experienced editor to lead the creation of compelling, creative and relevant content across the society’s quarterly member magazine Impact, and its leading industry news website Research-Live.com.
MRS is an international professional and trade body for market and social research – an association that provides a portfolio of services including award-winning publications to the research, insight, and data analytics sector.
Reporting to the content and digital director, the editor is part of the organisation’s senior team and this is an important role as MRS celebrates its 75th anniversary.
The right candidate will be a qualified journalist with print and online experience, who is confident they can manage a small team of staff and freelancers, to build on the existing reputation of MRS for editorial excellence and professional credibility.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Understand the interests and needs of senior level executives in significant organisations and brands and have the ambition to become an industry authority
- Have excellent organisational skills to balance the production of a quarterly magazine with the creation of daily news for the website, as well as social media communications and other media including podcasts
- Ensure that these channels engage and inspire existing readers and new audiences as well as cross-selling the MRS brand and its services and remain a credible vehicle for advertisers and sponsors
- Have the confidence and credibility to take on a broader remit within the society to provide editorial consultancy to other MRS departments to support MRS’s commercial objectives – for example, sponsored spin-off publications, conferences and industry forums
- Will be the editorial voice, inspiring confidence and credibility, in client account meetings and other face to face and networking settings.
This role allows for flexible working with the expectation that the successful candidate will come in to work at the London (Farringdon) office for at least two days per week.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter setting out how your skills and experience match the role to email@example.com
Please mention Journo Resources in your application as it really helps us out.