Other Jobs You Might Like
Stag Publications and Setform Ltd are industry leaders in B2B publishing and exhibitions. Our extensive selection of print and online content covers a range of industrial sectors, including engineering, science, transport and automotive, manufacturing, and cycling. We’re on the hunt for two knowledgeable multidisciplinary Editors to join our offices full-time in London and St Albans.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an extensive B2B journalism background to join the ranks of a quickly-growing global organisation and contribute to its ongoing success.
The successful candidates will be heading up a combination of the following leading industry-specific magazine titles:
- International Power Engineer
- International Oil and Gas Engineer
- International Process Engineer
- International Mining Engineer
- Collaborate with the sales and production departments to plan and set the editorial agenda for each publication.
- Responsible for sourcing and writing high-quality and accurate technical content for each publication, including interviewing industry leads, managing freelancers and junior team members. Be able to turn complicated jargon into straightforward and succinct copy.
- Proof copy for both print publications and online, ensuring all copy is accurate, factual, grammatically sound and in-keeping with house style.
- Write daily news reports and rewrite press releases into house style for our industry leading websites, EngineerLive and ScientistLive. Ensure content is logically organised and accessible to users, adhering to key design principles. Use web analytics to assess content performance and highlight potential issues or opportunities to colleagues.
- Gather valuable industry insights and editorial opportunities from business leaders in the field by visiting pertinent businesses, organisations and exhibitions. There will be opportunity for some overseas traveling.
- Work with other departments to update our product offering, in-keeping with fresh innovations, systems, and technologies.
- Forge strong ties with the sales, marketing and production departments for optimal company-wide success.
- At least four to five years’ experience in an editor or senior journalist role, preferably in B2B journalism.
- Extensive experience working on both print and online publications and platforms, preferably in magazines.
- Extensive expertise in utilising WordPress, Drupal, and GA4 (Google Analytics).
- Demonstrable ability to take prompt, independent action in response to feedback, questions and concerns from stakeholders, external partners and colleagues.
- Adept with technology, including a variety of software and apps, in order to successfully work across multiple content management systems. Preferred candidates will have experience using Adobe programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- NCTJ-accredited degree in Journalism.
- An engineering or scientific background, or previous experience working on engineering or science focused publications.
- Experience in curating webinar events – from sourcing speakers, crafting content and hosting the shows, all the way to post-production editing.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Opportunity for overseas travel
- On-site parking (St Albans office only)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (3 days must be reserved for Christmas break)
- Monday to Friday
- Remote work opportunities may be available for the ideal candidate, but you must be willing and able to make it into the office.
- Expected start date: 04/12/2023
Please send your CV and covering letter with writing samples to email@example.com
A cover letter is essential for consideration – don’t forget to include one with your application. If you have a portfolio of your work online, please be sure to link it in the accompanying letter.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply. It really helps us out.