Other Jobs You Might Like
- Senior Jobs
NBC News Digital seeks a London-based editor to manage NBCNews.com overnight U.S. time on Saturday and Sunday (7 a.m. to 3 p.m. London time). During the week, they’ll work the late shift (noon to 8 p.m.), editing and sometimes writing top world stories of the day.
This position carries a lot of responsibility and requires exceptional news judgment, as well as an ability to work under pressure with colleagues in New York, Los Angeles and across the world on breaking news and features. The successful candidate will be in charge of the homepage and app for part of the weekend shift, so the ability to write accurate and engaging headlines is a must, as is an appreciation for visual storytelling.
- Manage NBCNews.com from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. GMT on weekends, including curating the homepage and app.
- Identify the most important and relevant angles of the day’s top stories, and commission and edit breaking news stories and bounces.
- Stay in contact with the digital team, as well as broadcast editors, producers and correspondents to coordinate coverage on breaking news.
- Think creatively about unique reporting and story angles that can be pursued exclusively for digital.
- Provide rigorous and artful edits and work with journalists to find new ways to turn raw reporting into compelling digital content.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative all-rounder who can deliver clear guidance and efficiently juggle multiple tasks to help create unique and impactful stories. They will understand the power of social media for reporting and discovery.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years experience as a reporter and / or editor in a newsroom environment, and some of that time in a digital newsroom.
- Experience curating a homepage, app or social media for a national outlet is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience assigning and editing news of day articles and working with digital and broadcast journalists.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.