Other Jobs You Might Like
The Royal Television Society is currently searching for a new intern to help the RTS reach new audiences online. Working alongside a talented and experienced digital team, you will create compelling, shareable content about the Society and the wider television industry. Previous interns have gone on to work for ITV, Radio Times, Warner Bros Discovery and Channel 4 News.
As an educational charity, the RTS is the UK and Ireland’s leading forum for television and related media. The RTS has become a hub for TV-related news and features, building on the Society’s long history of awards and events.
About the role
As part of the RTS digital team, you will create compelling and sharable content about the television industry and its related fields.
From creating social media posts and writing articles for the website to promoting RTS events and membership, you will be part of an exciting, multifaceted industry, while learning valuable journalism and communication skills.
Based at our central London HQ, you’ll also be expected to provide administrative support to our small and friendly team, so a ‘can-do’ attitude is essential.
- Write news and features, interviews and reports for the RTS website
- Come up with brilliant ideas for social media posts and campaigns, and help promote our awards, events and website content to drive traffic to the website
- Regularly update the RTS social media pages
- Provide digital assistance and report on RTS events and awards
- Edit and upload RTS events online
- Create videos for our social channels (e.g. TikToks and Instagram reels)
- Support the team with administrative tasks
- Assist other departments in the RTS
- Support the RTS regional centres in adding content to the website and promoting events
- A demonstrable passion for the world of television, journalism and social media
- Experience writing news and features for online or using social media in a professional capacity
- Self-motivated, and a desire to take initiative for your own projects
- A solid understanding of how digital content works, especially social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok
- An education to degree level, or equivalent
- The desire to move forward in a career in the media
- A diligent and disciplined work ethic, and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Desired but not essential
- Graphic design skills or experience using Canva
- Some experience shooting and editing short videos using a DSLR and Final Cut Pro editing software
Please email email@example.com with a recent CV, short cover letter, at least one example of your writing and either: write a short TV-related news article of no more than 250 words that would work on our website OR create a 250 word pitch for an idea for a social media post/campaign on any of the RTS socials (e.g. TikTok or Instagram).
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Monday 17th July 2023. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out!