Other Jobs You Might Like
Do you like solving problems? Are you inquisitive? Do you enjoy working with data? Do you want to study while gaining experience and a salary? This might be the role for you …
Your Role: As a Data and Insight Apprentice you will either join our broadcast data team or our News UK group data & insights team. You will support these teams to equip our editorial, broadcast, marketing, commercial and product teams with best in class customer insight and analysis. You will represent the voice of our listeners and viewers, supporting key business decisions with rich and actionable customer intelligence.
Day to day:
- You will learn how to effectively harness the sources at our disposal (spanning audience measurement, consumer insight and custom research) to become the key insight point of contact for our brands, understand how audiences are engaging with key programming, platforms and products.
- Assist in analysis and delivery of regular audience measurement and audience insight reporting;
- Responding to ad hoc audience measurement and customer insight requests;
Reporting and analysis to support Marketing, Commercial and Editorial teams
- You will add value to our titles by increasing understanding of customer behaviour, product and content performance
- You will work closely with teams including the Newsrooms and Product Development to provide actionable insights to improve decision making, content commissioning and ultimately acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Assisting our commercial team by furnishing them with essential, times and pertinent insight about our audiences across the Sun and Times portfolio. Utilising both our internal reader panels, commercial polls, work with external research partners and industry data to create engaging and informative insight for presentations
- Supporting our Broadcasting teams: you will be a key point of contact for running listening data, analysing RAJAR and BARB data to understand audience behaviour, and building dashboards to help other teams utilise the full data sets available to us. Alongside this, you will be telling compelling stories using data to programming, editorial, marketing, digital and product teams from across our radio and TV brands
What we’re looking for from you:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above
- A keen interest in the media industry.
- The energy & enthusiasm needed to quickly learn about News UK as a business, our products and our culture.
- An analytical approach and the ability to quickly learn to use insight, data visualisation and statistical tools, such as Telmar, Tableau and Google Analytics, and an eye for accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of using Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs and Powerpoint/Google Slides.
Online Application > Telephone Interview > Assessment Centre
At News UK we encourage every individual’s potential, therefore rather than looking for specific experience we are looking for enthusiasm and drive.
As part of the online application process, we would like you to provide answers to our application questions:
- Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a career in Data Analytics and Insights
- How do you feel when presented with a large data set to analyse? Where do you start and what methods/tools would you use?
- What’s your favourite medium to consume news? What do you like about it?
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.