This job has expired and applications are closed
Other Jobs You Might Like
Location: United Kingdom
Salary details: £40,000-60,000pa
- Next Step Jobs
- Manage NBCNews.com from 7am to 3pm GMT on weekends, including curating the homepage and app. Edit world news three late shifts (12pm to 8pm) per week.
- Identify the most important and relevant angles of the day’s top stories, and commission and edit breaking news stories and bounces.
- Stay in contact with the digital team, as well as broadcast editors, producers and correspondents to coordinate coverage on breaking news.
- Think creatively about unique reporting and story angles that can be pursued exclusively for digital.
- Provide rigorous and artful edits and work with journalists to find new ways to turn raw reporting into compelling digital content.
- Be an excellent team player and work with colleagues throughout the organisation with unfailing professionalism and politeness.
- This position is freelance for now. It will require the successful candidate to work part of the week out of the NBC News bureau on the Sky campus in Osterley, London.
- The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative all-rounder who can deliver clear guidance and efficiently juggle multiple tasks to help create unique and impactful stories and understand the power of social media for reporting and discovery.
- Demonstrable ability to take feedback and guidance, and an ability to exchange ideas with colleagues and managers politely and professionally.
- While demonstrating an understanding of global affairs and stories that resonate with an American audience, the successful candidate will be a successful collaborator and able to leverage NBC News’ global network and work with digital and broadcast teams in London and elsewhere around the world.
Skills / qualification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a text reporter and / or text editor in a newsroom environment, and some of that time in a digital newsroom.
- Experience curating a homepage, app or social media for a national outlet is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience assigning and editing news of day articles and working with digital and broadcast journalists.
Apply directly to:
Brinley Bruton, Senior news editor, London bureau manager – NBC News Digital Brinley.Bruton@NBCUNI.COM