Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
The department is now seeking to recruit a specialist in creative content, online and digital journalism, with experience of managing digital and social media brands, to the role of university teacher.
This role will contribute across our professional practice programmes especially the MA Journalism Studies and our BA Journalism Studies.
- You will have an undergraduate degree or equivalent levels of experience and substantial recent or current experience in journalism at a senior level, ideally on digital magazines or other journalism websites.
- You will have played a key strategic role in the industry’s transition to digital methods of storytelling (especially interviewing and features) and publication and will be expected to keep in touch with developments in journalism practice and feed them directly into your teaching.
- You will have ideally had experience of teaching in higher education and may have, or be working towards, a postgraduate qualification in teaching.
- You will have the ability to make a substantial contribution to curriculum development and be able to translate your experience into effective and innovative teaching.
- You will make a full and active contribution to the principles of the ‘Sheffield Academic’. These include the achievement of excellence in applied teaching and research, and scholarly pursuits to make a genuine difference in the subject area and to the University’s achievements as a whole.
Applicants with no prior higher education experience will be expected to undertake training and development in learning and teaching skills.
The Department of Journalism Studies is one of the major journalism research and teaching establishments in Europe. We are committed to a teaching and research programme that takes an interdisciplinary approach to the fields of factual media, journalism and communications.
Our staff are drawn from both journalism and academia and we have an excellent network of national and international contacts, in journalism, civil society organisations and in the academic world. We have a thriving international community of postgraduate research students, taught postgraduates and undergraduates. Our alumni are working in newsrooms in the UK and abroad as reporters, editors, producers, presenters while others have gone on into the communications sector more broadly as well as in to academic careers.
Further information on the underpinning values of Sheffield Academic can be found here.
How To Apply
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to the greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
To apply, please follow the link below and complete the application form. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.