- Starting Out
Working on the Lifestyle team will allow you to develop a range of writing styles – the team’s output spans snappy online features, to long reads and reaction pieces to case study interviews and ghost-written articles. You’ll be able to contribute ideas, and develop your ability to write with clarity and flair on a range of subjects, for print and online.
As an intern you’ll be able to take advantage of learning and development opportunities at The Telegraph and will be paid the London Living Wage.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter, which should include outlines for three features ideas.
- Enthusiastic and self-starting
- Strong writing skills, with evidence of previous writing experience (whether a personal blog, with a local newspaper or in student publications)
- Understanding of The Telegraph’s reputation and readership
- Understanding of online publishing and social media
- Efficient, organised, motivated and proactive
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion for journalism and in particular lifestyle, culture and features coverage across a range of platforms
- Enthusiasm to learn
- A team player
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve high standards
- Not afraid of multitasking and working to tight deadlines
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.