- Flexible Working
CX Today sits within the Today Digital media group portfolio. We’re an incredibly successful B2B technology news publication, reporting internationally with a focus on the North American and European marketplaces.
CX Today attracts an audience of industry professionals and tech leaders from end-customer organisations. We offer the latest trends and insights from the contact centre industry, incorporating unified communications, collaboration and customer experience technologies.
About The Customer Experience Market
The industry is growing fast, vendor innovation, consolidation, transatlantic expansions and new entrants with cloud first strategies are entering the marketplace and disrupting the status quo. Vendors seeking success in the marketplace are coming with non-traditional go-to-market strategies and often from non-traditional markets.
With all this buzz, technology professionals need an up to date news platform they can rely on to give them the latest updates and industry revelations. Customer Experience (CX) has become the new battleground for brands to differentiate themselves.
Although we have a strong connection with the contact centre market, CX Today goes beyond and covers aspects of the CRM space, best practice and management, artificial intelligence, analytics and more.
We are looking for a technology journalist to join our growing team and help report on the technology vendors, service providers and business leaders leading this exciting sector.
Reporting directly to our managing editor, you will be responsible for covering editorial and sponsored content stories.
A technical background is not essential, but experience in B2B tech journalism and/ or customer experience would be beneficial. You will have excellent communication skills and be adept at writing in a variety of styles to accommodate the content brief.
As a CX Today journalist, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, write, edit, proofread news stories, features and articles
- Reading press releases, interviewing sources and verifying statements and facts
- Liaising with the Editorial team for new assignments
- Working with customers on sponsored content
- Attending events (virtual and live) when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience as a journalist or reporter
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- You’re an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a small, fast growing business environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams,
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Please send your CV and cover letter to David Dungay, Editor in Chief: email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.