- Flexible Working
This is a dynamic individual and an in-the-know applicant who oversees daily content updates, liaises with the city team and acts as a motivated brand evangelist at key events, trade shows, conferences within the tech scene.
Most importantly, the London tech reporter will be responsible for:
- Creating and editing original content covering the London tech scene,
- Serving as the primary curator for the platform including daily monitoring, supervision, and moderation of all content and community enquiries,
- Creating and managing any associated newsletters and social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- Securing and maintaining key strategic relationships within the city’s scene
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who requires little outside supervision and enjoys working flexible and unconventional hours.
The applicant will need to be organised and efficient, able to handle upper-level relationships in both the government and private sectors. Having a love of the startup/tech scene and a genuine passion for their city is a major plus.
Reports directly to: Operations Director
- Write and edit insightful, well-researched articles covering the London tech scene
- Ensure selection of optimal feature stories to drive organic growth and adoption
- Manage the day-to-day updates of the platform
- Run social media channels promoting the community, content, and partnerships
- Review and approve community submitted content
- Write and manage a bi-weekly newsletter
- Assist product and development teams with ongoing site QA and user feedback
- Build meaningful industry and PR relationships
- Guard and maintain the TechDotX style and tone across all channels.
- Work with partners to produce and support key events, including event design and on-site implementation
- Establish working relationships with key community partners
- Serve as an “evangelist” and “ambassador” for the brand, embedding yourself in the community and promoting positive awareness of the platform
People come to you if they need:
- Creative content
- Social media including live-coverage
- Event planning for the platform
- KPIs for my individual platform
- Advertising for my individual platform
- Community handling
- Attending community events
- Communication: You are an expert communicator, written and verbally, articulate and excellent at acting as an advocate for the work you do.
- Intelligence: You learn quickly. You demonstrate an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail: You never let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. You accurately identify what constitutes important details.
- Persistence: You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Follow-through on commitments: You live up to verbal and written agreements.
- Honesty and integrity: You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidences. You does what is right, and speak plainly and truthfully.
- Passionate about startups: Helping innovators to grow their ideas excites you.
Desired skills & experience:
- A rich portfolio of quality journalism
- Demonstrable knowledge of and passion for the London tech and startup scene
- A journalism qualification, or equivalent degree, would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a media or startup environment would be ideal
- Power Hour – one hour a week dedicated to personal learning and development (languages, technical skills, something else – your choice)
- Access to courses and books, purchased from within a generous dedicated personal development budget of £150 per quarter
- Regular team socials
- Comprehensive personal development planning, management and support
This role closes on June 11. To apply, send an email with your CV, a cover letter, and some writing samples email@example.com. Do mention Journo Resources in your application – it really helps us out.