- Starting Out
We are News UK, also home to Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love.
The Team: talkRADIO is the UK’s most exciting new speech radio station, this is personality driven radio at its best offering controversial takes on current news and we have presenters who aren’t afraid to let you know what they think.
Being a talkRADIO Apprentice is a gateway to a great career in radio. During your time with us you will earn a living wage, get full training, 4 days a week with talkRADIO doing the job and 1 day a week studying – including an NCTJ Diploma in journalism – with all your course fees paid.
You will spend time with our audio, social media team and live shows; you’ll learn everything we can teach you about how to create content, tell and share stories, attract, grow and capture an audience.
You will receive mentoring and coaching bespoke to you and delivered by some of the most experienced and talented staff in the radio industry.
At the end of the programme you’ll graduate with a qualification in journalism and be well on your way to your chosen career in radio. There is no better way to start your radio career than an apprenticeship with us.
What We’re Looking For From You
- You are passionate about journalism and creating the best content
- You turn new and imaginative ideas into reality and can help us create a fresh tone that will resonate with a more diverse audience
- You excite people by the way you tell stories
- You make the complex simple
- Creative mind and ability to think differently
- You are a good storyteller and know what makes a story interesting
Online Application > Telephone Interview > Assessment Centre
As part of the Online Application process, we would like you to provide a cover letter that explains why you want to join talkRADIO and answer the following 3 questions:
- Tell us about yourself and why you have applied for this apprenticeship?
- How would you describe talkRADIO and how would you get your friends to listen to the station?
- Give us an example of a story you have covered / or would like to cover – and how you would treat that story on radio and social media?
Applications close Sunday 2nd of May, if you have any questions about your application please contact us at email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when applying, it really helps us out!
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.