Other Jobs You Might Like
Immediate Media is a special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,200 people across eight divisions.
We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK, including RadioTimes.com, the UK’s fastest growing TV and entertainment website, reaching 15m unique users a month.
Far more than simply the online home of the UK’s leading television and radio magazine, RadioTimes.com publishes 24/7 to bring readers breaking entertainment news, interviews, exclusive access to the best talent on TV, reviews and expert analysis, quizzes and games.
The Sport Writer will produce sport content for RadioTimes.com, designed to help sports fans in the UK and globally decide what to watch and how to watch sport on TV, online, or in person. An adaptable, reliable digital journalist with a keen eye for detail, the Sport Writer will work with the Sport Editor to increase the breadth of coverage and total users visiting and returning to the website.
- Create content for RadioTimes.com’s sport section that aims to ensure British and international sports fans know what’s on, what they need to know about the events, and how they can watch sport on the small screen
- Report to the Sport Editor of RadioTimes.com as a writer in the sport section
- Work with the Sport Editor to develop and execute a content strategy that comprehensively covers sporting events that are available to watch
- Write high quality and insightful introductions and previews to sporting events, offer context and entertaining recommendations while answering questions that sports fans will be asking about the events
- Ensure sport content is presented in a way that is both easy to consume for users and correctly formatted and interlinked to enhance SEO
- Look for new ways to grow RadioTimes.com’s reputation as a sport outlet by experimenting with new ways of entertaining, educating and informing sports fans
- Ensure landing pages are maintained with up-to-date information with regards sporting event times and dates, as well as broadcast information
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
- Broad knowledge of major sports, television coverage and online sports broadcasting
- Passion for journalism and innovative web-first content creation
- Confident working on projects alone and as part of a team
- High quality written skills and editorial standards
- Keen eye for detail in formatting pages so that they are easy to digest
- Evidence of writing about sport for major publications
- Good understanding of SEO
- Strong web CMS skills
To apply visit this link here. Please mention Journo Resources when applying for jobs, it really helps us out.