Other Jobs You Might Like
Leeds+, the city’s social-first news platform, is looking for a one-of-a-kind creative storyteller ready to push the boundaries of digital news.
In just over a year, Leeds+ has built an audience of over 60,000 followers across social media, specialising in short-form video and crafting stories in some of the most visual ways possible.
We want a journalist unafraid to get behind the camera and eager to own the next big story from start to finish. You’re always on the lookout for the next scoop, and you’ve an eye for the best way to tell it.
We want someone to help us build on the momentum behind our impressive audience growth, using the most advanced digital storytelling techniques to capture the biggest stories in our city. You’ll be the ultimate multi-skiller, a qualified journalist with a nose for news while being confident behind the camera and in the editing suite. You’ll know all social media platforms inside out, from TikTok to Twitter, and the differences between them and their audiences too.
- To shoot and edit high quality short and long-form video primarily for social media.
- Helping to source, research and plan engaging Leeds+ news content that aligns with our ‘Backing Leeds’ ethos.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key contacts and clients from across the city.
- Embracing the Story+ way of telling stories, and help to develop new ways too, using the most advanced digital tools available.
- Working to tight deadlines, often shooting and editing stories for publication on the same day.
- Upholding high journalistic standards of trust and integrity and adhering to all Leeds+ editorial guidelines.
- Supporting the wider Story+ strategy, assisting and sometimes leading in commercial and advertorial content creation.
- Assisting with other commercial productions from our TV/podcast studio facility.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified video journalist, preferably NCTJ or BJTC-accredited.
- Excellent communication and writing skills is a must.
- A competent self-shooter, with an ability to film with ‘lightweight’ (MoJo) video and sound equipment.
- Ability to edit using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experienced in shooting and producing news packages unassisted on location.
- A passion for digital storytelling and embracing new ways of engaging audiences.
- Knowledge of the Leeds patch and the key issues affecting the city.
- A passion for social media and emerging digital platforms.
- Holds a valid UK driving licence.
How To Apply
Please submit a link to your CV via the Apply button along with a cover note outlining:
- What you think of Leeds+
- Why you’re perfect for this role
- Links to examples of your work, and what makes them relevant to this opportunity
Please also mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
We believe that diversity is important in bringing value to our audiences, partners and our team. Therefore we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, irrespective of age, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.