Other Jobs You Might Like
- Remote Working
Positive News is the online and print magazine that reports on what’s going right in the world. We are looking for a new member of our team who will drive the reach and impact of our journalism and brand through social media, while helping to accelerate our acquisition of supporters and magazine subscribers.
We are a small, ambitious team who are passionate about having a positive impact. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to Positive News’ success as we move into a phase of growth, and to develop with the business.
Our organisation is set up as a community benefit society, which is owned by reader shareholders, and our profits go back into our journalism. We work remotely (from home), with occasional in-person working as a team, which is usually in London.
Overview Of The Role
- Part time: 20 hours (2.5 days) per week, Monday-Friday
- Salary: £15,000 (£30,000 pro rata)
- Annual leave: 16.5 days (25 days plus bank holidays, pro rata)
- Mostly remote working (United Kingdom based)
The position is responsible for managing all content and communications on Positive News’ social media channels. Key to the role is repurposing and optimising our journalism for reach and engagement on each channel. The social media manager will be tasked with planning, creating and delivering quality multimedia content.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating and delivering social marketing content, including helping to generate ideas and plan campaigns, and maintaining our brand identity and voice on socials. You will collaborate with others in the team to develop tailored content strategies for each social media platform, in order to support our editorial and commercial goals.
As a key point of contact between our organisation and the communities it serves, you will also manage all communications on our social channels, triaging and responding to messages and moderating comments. Through regular reporting of social media activity, you will help to continuously develop how we use social media to distribute our journalism, engage with our community and generate income.
- Create and repurpose editorial content, tailored to each social media channel
- Plan schedules for social media posts and publish accordingly
- Liaise with the editors on content and workflow
- Source and edit images
- Create content that supports our brand partnerships
- Input on plans to deliver our marketing strategy via social media
- Write marketing copy for social channels
- Manage the delivery of social media marketing campaigns (organic and paid ads)
- Maintain our brand visual identity and voice, while adapting to different platforms
- Use social media insights and tools to report on activity and to target audiences
- Liaise with others in the team to manage audience data
- Triage and respond to comments and messages, liaising with others in the team
- Moderate audience interactions
- Instigate and facilitate conversations among our community
- Through content and interactions, build and support a sense of community around our brand and journalism
Social media strategy
- Develop strategies for different social media channels in order to make best use of each platform to support our editorial and business objectives
- Analyse and report regularly on social media activity
Who We Are Looking For
With a desire to work in an organisation with social purpose, you will likely have a background in journalism, communications or marketing. Your strength will be your editorial skills – showing confidence in writing engaging and journalistically-sound copy and having the ability to work with a range of formats such as video, for example.
While your copywriting and design sense will shine, you will also be able to show some awareness or experience of using social media to help create commercial success. Alongside your creative skills, you will be comfortable with interpreting data and using software such as social media management platforms and photo editing tools.
Considering yourself a doer who likes to dive in each day to publish content and engage with our social media followers, you will nevertheless enjoy stepping back to help create informed strategies behind your work.
Having an organised schedule and well planned workflow will be your default.
You will have a keen interest in social media trends, from popular content formats and topics to emerging tools for reaching our goals on each platform. You will be keen to continuously learn. With an enthusiasm for understanding audiences, you will be regarded as someone who communicates well and builds authentic relationships.
A solution focused approach is at the heart of our culture and as such, you will be someone who likes to take responsibility and use initiative in response to challenges but is proactive in asking for help.
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line: Social media manager application. Please mention Journo Resources in your application, it really helps us out.
Please include the following:
- Covering note (in the body of the email)
- CV (no more than two pages, attached as a PDF)
- A link to your LinkedIn profile, if applicable Application deadline 9am (BST), Tuesday 31 August 2021
For more information Contact Pauline Milligan, COO, via firstname.lastname@example.org