Leading broadcast PR agency, Shout! Communications, is looking for an exceptional individual who lives and breathes broadcast media.
We are based in Bloomsbury, just around the corner from ITN, with on-site radio studio and filming and editing facilities. We support some of the world’s best known brands, securing coverage for them on television, radio and online.
This is an important and exciting role and the successful candidate will play a crucial role in our media relations campaigns. You will be part of a tight-knit team working across consumer, health, business and technology clients.
The role involves:
- Selling in stories to online and broadcast journalists, and in order to do this establishing and maintaining good journalist relations
- Overseeing radio days, producing our radio studio sessions
- Analysing research, and the drafting and writing of press releases
- Ensuring compilation of final reports, including evaluation and audio and video clips
- Supporting the company with new business, marketing, admin and even bits of catering
The successful person will be a news junkie. They’ll be an avid viewer/listener of traditional forms of broadcasting but will also enjoy using new media too. They’re likely to have a minimum of two years PR and/or journalistic experience. Other qualities would include:
- A contact book full of broadcast journalists they speak to on a regular basis
- Experience of dealing with clients either in a PR agency or in-house
- The ability to be calm in a crisis
- A love of talking to people – this job will not suit someone who wants to hide behind an email!
- An idea to put forward in a brainstorm • A willingness to work occasional weekends and flexible hours.
There are some fun bits to including Monday cake, Friday treats, occasional company drinks, a Christmas party and 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). Salary dependent on experience but from £25,000 – £35,000.
We are committed to offering a minimum of 24 hours training a year. Other benefits include a monthly mobile phone allowance, an annual eye test and 25 days holiday.
To apply for the job please send a covering letter explaining what qualities you think you’d bring to the role, along with your CV and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Journo Resources when applying for this role.