The Norwich Evening News has an opportunity to join their fast-paced news team as a Senior Reporter. A generous relocation package, of up to £8,000, to cover moving to the area.
Since 1882 the Norwich Evening News has been bringing our readers the latest local news and information from in and around the Norwich area. Through its newspaper, website , e-edition and social media channels, it offers unrivalled coverage of Norwich’s news, sport and events.
Day To Day, What’s The Role?
- As part of our Norfolk reporting team, you’ll be expected to forge strong contacts in our communities, as well as being on top of the issues that impact them most. Crime, councils, courts, social issues and culture will all be on your radar, and you’ll know how to dig out a story.
- There are stories at every turn, and it’s a fantastic place to live. You will be bursting with ideas for our digital and print platforms, and also have excellent news judgement. Good organisational and communication skills are vital, as is the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clean, accurate copy are a minimum requirement. Multi-media awareness is a benefit, but the role is suited to someone strong in the fundamentals of journalism – building contacts and finding exclusives.
This is not a desk job, and those unwilling to get their hands dirty need not apply.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Full senior journalist qualifications
- Evidence of great competence in written and verbal communication skills
- Great spelling/attention to detail – particular for writing captions
- Strong editorial background
- Excellent news judgement
- Lots of ideas for print and digital platforms
- Good knowledge of Norfolk
- Ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
So, What’s The Package?
- Basic starting salary of up to £25,000 pa
- Relocation package available
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
How Do I Apply?
Please send your CV to email@example.com
We will be calling and shortlisting for interview on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to all applications.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.