The East Anglian Daily Times has an opportunity to join their award-winning team as a Senior Reporter. A generous relocation package, of up to £8,000, to cover moving to the area.
With 15m readers online and in print each month, our audience is hungry for news and our team delivers top quality journalism, in a fast-paced newsroom.
Day To Day, What’s The Role?
- As part of our Suffolk reporting team, you’ll be expected to forge strong contacts in our communities, as well as being on top of the issues that impact them most. Crime, councils, courts, social issues and culture will all be on your radar, and you’ll know how to dig out a story.
- There are stories at every turn, and it’s a fantastic place to live. You will be bursting with ideas for our digital and print platforms, and also have excellent news judgement. Good organisational and communication skills are vital, as is the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clean, accurate copy are a minimum requirement. Multi-media awareness is a benefit, but the role is suited to someone strong in the fundamentals of journalism – building contacts and finding exclusives.
This is not a desk job, and those unwilling to get their hands dirty need not apply.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Full senior journalist qualifications
- Evidence of great competence in written and verbal communication skills
- Great spelling/attention to detail – particular for writing captions
- Strong editorial background
- Excellent news judgement
- Lots of ideas for print and digital platforms
- Good knowledge of Norfolk
- Ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
So, What’s The Package?
- Basic starting salary of up to £25,000 pa
- Relocation package available
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.