Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Next Step Jobs
We are looking for a seasoned, enthusiastic reporter to join our healthcare media editorial team.
Working with the assigned editor, the senior reporter will contribute to editorial strategy development by presenting story concepts, and will produce news, features and investigative data-led stories for our pharma, medical device and healthcare websites. This role will also provide reporting support across our range of sites and digital magazines in the healthcare portfolio.
From tele-health and new models of care to self-testing and digital apps, the world of medical devices and healthcare is changing fast. If you’re passionate about the business ideas and science driving 21st century pharma, medical device R&D and healthcare, and would like to write for an engaged global audience, this may be the role for you.
This is an ideal opportunity for experienced reporters looking to develop their career in data journalism and have a passion for the medical device and healthcare industries. The successful candidate will attend events and press briefings regularly and be prepared to cultivate lively and engaging discussions with readers through our social media.
The candidate should have a journalism background, preferably in the B2B space, and at least general knowledge on the biopharmaceutical industry, drug development and/or the healthcare ecosystem. Financial and pharma technology exposure is ideal.
This is a highly demanding but extremely rewarding job for a senior journalist who is driven to dig into the science, business and data to build a compelling story.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferred
- Journalism background required with a science background and/or degree highly preferred
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly pharma/healthcare-related publication desired
- A demonstrable basic understanding of the pharmaceutical, medical device, or healthcare industries
- Experience in writing data- and research-based content
- Excellent communication, networking, writing, and interviewing skills required; an extra language would be a bonus
- Ability to work in an interactive, time-sensitive, and deadline-driven environment (often accommodating different global time zones) a must
- Adaptable to working independently as well as with a team-oriented reporting approach key
- Capable of prioritising multiple projects with competing deadlines and effectively managing priorities and expectations
- 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day holiday for your Birthday
- Hybrid working model
- Health Cash Plan – receive up to 100% cash back on everyday healthcare costs such as dental check-ups, eye tests, physiotherapy, and prescription charges.
- Perks at Work programme – free access to exclusive discounts on over 30,000 brands.
- Season Ticket Loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers free confidential support on a range of issues such as work, wellbeing, money, health and legal advice.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate gym discount
- Annual awards dinner where employees are nominated to win awards
- Departmental incentives including quarterly rewards
- Length of service awards for employees
- Dress down Fridays.
How To Apply
Please apply via LinkedIn using the link below. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data and analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces over 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData Media also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.