Other Jobs You Might Like
North Norfolk is one of the most scenic parts of the country, with a beautiful coastline and historic towns and villages.
The North Norfolk News has an opportunity to join our team as a reporter. Our audience is hungry for news online and in print and our team delivers top quality journalism, in a fast-paced newsroom.
What Will I Do?
- As part of our reporting team, you’ll be expected to forge strong contacts in our communities, as well as being on top of the issues that impact them most.
- Crime, councils, courts, social issues and culture will all be on your radar, and you’ll know how to dig out a story. Put simply – if something happens in North Norfolk, you will be the first to know about it.
- We need a reporter who can dig out the stories to be found in our busy tourist industry and tight-knit communities.
- Those with a passion for environmental issues will find much to report on, with our coastal towns facing environmental threats, and historic industries taking on unprecedented challenges.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Keen journalist
- NCTJ journalism qualifications
- Evidence of great competence in written and verbal communication skills
- Great spelling/attention to detail
- Excellent news judgement
- Lots of ideas for print and digital platforms
- Good knowledge of Norfolk
- Ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
What Makes It A Great Job?
- Variety – every day is different.
- Building relationships and seeing your stories capture the attention of the community.
- Solving challenges. Never a dull moment!
- An outstanding support team around you – including amazing learning, development, data, creative, marketing, fulfilment and HR teams
Where Will I Work?
For this full time role you will be based from our office in Norwich. Close to all major bus routes and only a short walk from the train station. There is also an on-site cafe.
OK, So What’s The Package?
- Salary of up to £25k annually
- Latest laptop and kit so you can work on the go.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews.
- Exclusive Archant discounts app – save at restaurants, shops, holidays.
- Be a part of a really great culture with excellent team spirit – regular pizza quizzes, cycle to work scheme, time off to volunteer and fundraise
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.