- Flexible Working
- Next Step Jobs
- Remote Working
Archant’s Investigations Unit is looking for a tenacious and talented reporter who is passionate about investigative, local journalism.
This amazing team won two more awards recently, at the Regional Press Awards, and work hard to bring the stories that really matter to our Suffolk community. Archant publishes 50 titles across East Anglia, Herts, London and the South-West. Our investigations unit was founded in 2015 to give our reporters the time and training to publish hard-hitting and complex stories.
Since then, our small team of reporters have scooped multiple awards, including the Paul Foot Award, an Amnesty International Media Award, several Regional Press Awards and most recently our true crime podcast won Content of the Year at the Archant Awards. This year we were also shortlisted for a national podcasting award.
Day To Day, What’s The Role?
- You will cover Suffolk for the investigations unit, working on both short and long-term projects with your stories appearing in the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star and Eastern Daily Press.
- From snaring dodgy businessmen to exposing terrible conditions for teenagers in care, you’ll produce stories that matter.
What Skills Do I Need?
- You must be qualified to senior NQJ level
- 100 wpm shorthand
- Confident with data/excel
- Have at least two years’ journalism experience
- Good understanding of media law and the Ipso code of practice
So, What’s The Package?
- Annual salary of £26,000 – £28,000
- Full 26 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Latest laptop & kit
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer work day
- Free parking at our local offices
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Where Will I Be Based?
You will live in Suffolk and are welcome to use our Ipswich offices or work from home. A full working home broadband is required.
How Do I Apply?
Please send your CV to email@example.com
We will be calling and shortlisting for interview on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to all applications.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.