Other Jobs You Might Like
Spacehouse Ltd is a dynamic media company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire. We publish several market leading B2B websites & magazines while also representing a significant media portfolio of print and web-based products for our partner publishers.
We work across diverse sectors such as Health & Social Care, Local Government, Environment and Regeneration. The company was founded in 2000 and over the years the business has grown organically as our reputation has spread. We pride ourselves on telling stories that matter through engaging and informative news, features and analysis.
We are looking for someone to join the team who is keen to become a must read journalist within our core markets. We are now seeking to recruit a reporter to work 4 or 5 days a week within the health and social care, communities, and local government sectors to write hard-hitting and engaging news and features across www.socialcare.today and www.newstartmag.co.uk.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and write daily news and regular feature stories
- Generate exclusive stories
- Produce editorial content for our bespoke print products
- Interview industry figureheads and leading opinion formers
- Manage the production of newsletters
- Update social media platforms
- Ensure the flow of third-party contributions
- Attend industry events in the UK
- Ensure all copy adheres to media laws and good practice guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- One years’ experience preferred although not essential
- Experience or interest in reporting on health and social care, local government or communities would be an advantage
- Experience or interest in B2B publishing would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver clear and engaging copy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining the quality of output
- Knowledge of social media
- We are looking for a self-starter with a high personal drive who wants to become a ‘must read’ journalist in our markets. Other attributes include:
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Confidence and ability to work with people at all levels
- Professional outlook
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Sense of humor
- A supportive team environment
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension Scheme
Location: The role is based at our offices in Macclesfield, Cheshire however we may be able to offer the right candidate a degree of flexibility for some home working each week. You may be expected to undertake some travel as part of your work.
Reporting to: The Head of Content
Hours/Duration: This is a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period.
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
How to apply
Please email: Chloe Coules – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV.
- Current salary
- A covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role and your ideas for further developing our multimedia content.
- A portfolio which includes at least three samples of your work.
For an informal conversation about the role or to request further information please call Chloe Coules – Head of Content – on 07704338277.