Haymarket Business Media is looking for a talented reporter to join the Supply Management team. Supply Management is the world’s leading magazine for procurement and supply professionals and is the official journal of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, which has a community of more than 118,000 across the globe. The brand spans online news, analysis and opinion, a quarterly print magazine, daily newsletters and weekly newsletters, podcasts and events.
The reporter plays a key part in delivering daily news on the brand’s website, managing the production of its daily and regional newsletters and posting to social media, as well as contributing ideas and articles across all channels. This is a role for an ambitious journalist, potentially in their first journalistic role, who has a keen, enquiring mind, an interest in politics, economics and business, and the drive to seek out exclusives.
- Writing daily online news articles under the supervision of the news editor
- Researching potential articles and building knowledge to contribute ideas that develop the news agenda
- Using the software programme to build the daily email newsletter, and posting content to social media
- Writing articles for the print magazine as required
- Attending events and building contacts among the procurement and supply community
- Getting involved in the production of the podcast by contributing ideas and/or joining interviews
- Monitoring the editorial email inbox, answering/forwarding queries as appropriate, and undertaking admin tasks
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience, such as NCTJ
- Strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate content to tight deadlines
- An interest in news and current affairs
- Excellent knowledge of social media and digital journalism
- The ability to multitask, manage their own workload and ‘muck in’ when required
- Solid communication and organisational skills
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team’s success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
To apply click below.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply – it really helps us out.