Other Jobs You Might Like
We are looking for an experienced news journalist to work for our multi-award-winning general practice title
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled journalist to take a role shaping the news content of a multi-award-winning, market-leading team.
Working predominantly across online, the perfect candidate will have flair for writing and enjoy making contacts and sourcing stories.
The senior reporter/deputy news editor will produce top-quality news stories, covering political news that engages the magazine’s GP audience, and is constantly featured across national media. They will be able to step in to news edit to cover the deputy editor when needed.
They will work collaboratively in a small team, and also be part of a friendly, stimulating editorial environment at the magazine, which is one of a bigger group of healthcare publications.
The role is ideal for an experienced journalist who is comfortable writing fast, accurate copy but also enjoys longer-term, off-record stories.
This is a hybrid role, working one day or more a week at our offices in Farringdon in the City of London.
- Writing around two-three news stories a day, including one lead
- Finding exclusive stories they will write up themselves, or pass on to the team
- Cover for the deputy editor on news as required
- Building contacts to share with the rest of the news team
- Occasionally writing news-led features for Pulse magazine
- Working within tight print and online deadlines
- Going out to meetings and conferences
- Working with the rest of the editorial team to shape the content and direction of the magazines
- Uploading content to the website.
- An experienced news reporter, with at least three years’ solid news reporting experience;
- A track record of finding exclusive stories;
- The ability to write fast, accurate copy;
- Some knowledge of the health sector.
- Experience of health policy reporting;
- News editing experience – either as a news editor or deputising for the news editor.
- Science degree;
- Experience of data journalism.
Launched in 1960, Pulse sits at the heart of a highly engaged audience of 43,000 GPs. Over our long history, we have evolved our offering to ensure we continue to provide an indispensable and comprehensive range of trusted content that meets the needs of all GPs. But our core values have remained the same: to provide GPs with the information and support they need to treat their patients better and run their practices more effectively.
Our content spans political and financial news, formal CPD, cutting-edge investigations, clinical updates, thought-provoking debate and practice business advice. Our award-winning editorial team really does set the agenda, with Pulse exclusives seeing us name-checked in the national media more than 100 times in the past year alone.
Pulse is part of Cogora, one of the UK’s leading full-service healthcare marketing agencies, who has built a reputation for excellence with over 30 years in the industry. Through our market-leading brands and educational platforms, covering a range of therapy areas, we have cultivated and grown engaged communities of healthcare professionals, learning what they do, think and really need, in order to provide them with innovative and impactful education that helps them deliver high-quality care to patients.
Whether that’s through intimate or large-scale events, online or print campaigns, award-winning media packages, or our agency services, those initiatives impact clinical practice and make change happen. Our dedicated team of more than 80 talented, creative individuals includes specialists in medical writing, design, development, data, marketing, digital and account management.
Our benefits include:
- 23 days annual leave
- Birthday off
- 4 days additional leave during Company closure at Christmas
- 2 days additional leave on completion of two years employment
- Option to roll over and/or purchase additional annual leave
- Private Healthcare Insurance including dental
- Flexible working policy
- Hybrid working
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 6 weeks full pay for maternity leave and 2 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Volunteering/Charity Days & Fundraising contributions
- Office Equipment Allowance for WFH
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so please send a CV, cover letter and examples of published work to news editor Sofia Lind without delay by clicking APPLY NOW! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the expected high numbers of applications, we are able to only contact successful candidates. Also, whilst there is no application deadline for this role, interviews will be arranged as and when suitable candidates apply and we reserve the right to close applications at any time once a successful candidate has been selected.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com