Other Jobs You Might Like
The Production Journalist will be responsible for covering news events throughout the country and providing content to the highest editorial and production standards for STV News, associated bulletins and digital platforms. You will be responsible for producing STV news bulletins across all STV platforms as appropriate and presenting material for our hourly bulletins and lunchtime news, as well as late bulletins.
You will also be assigned to the digital desk for agreed shifts across each rota period.
- Provide creative editorial input to the running order of bulletins.
- Produce articles and other content to agreed standards for digital publication.
- Generate ideas for stories/features and follow leads from a variety of sources.
- Research, collate evidence and information to support stories using relevant information sources.
- Delivery of off-diary video newsgathering to continue our focus on locally produced news coverage
- Provide enhanced video acquisition to record and edit packages for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Operate on specifically scheduled newsgathering to produce general news stories and specialist reports.
- Preparation of scripts for packages and bulletins which adhere to legal guidelines
- Presentation of news stories in a professional and unbiased manner.
- Conduct both live and recorded interviews.
- Break and handle major news stories, find exclusives and develop original news features to deliver agenda-setting journalism.
- Deliver polished package reports using editing software.
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant related journalism experience gained within a broadcast environment.
- Experience of live on-screen presenting is desirable
- A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news agenda and the law as it affects Scotland.
- Experience of producing content for multiple platforms.
- A strong and developed news sense, with the ability to handle major news stories, develop original news features and overall to deliver agenda-setting journalism.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-breaking News environment.
- An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop innovative new ways of covering the news agenda.
- Able to develop an online presence through our digital platforms and the use of social media.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm, resilient, and adaptable in a dynamic live news environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels.
- Driven approach and use of own initiative to overcome challenges.
- A full UK drivers’ licence is essential
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
Please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th April, 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.