PinkNews is the number one media brand for the global LGBT+ community, Generation Z and those who think like Generation Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire positive change and empower people to be themselves.
We are seeking an experienced video producer to step into the role of Producer to pitch, shoot, edit and produce entertaining and original content for all PinkNews platforms including Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok.
We are looking for a super creative individual, with a thorough understanding of digital video content and production.
As an experienced producer you will be responsible for helping to manage the development, creation, production, editing and delivery of engaging and innovative concepts across a broad range of video and branded content.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a wealth of creative flair and enthusiasm — not only will you have the latest editing software skills, you will be adept at shooting content, creating a narrative and editing.
At PinkNews we have a strong culture of learning and development and we are looking for someone with some previous line management experience to mentor and develop junior members of the production team.
No two days are the same at PinkNews. Our small, hardworking team delivers breaking news, quality journalism and original content across all platforms to a global audience.
We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by educating, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services.
- Pitch original story ideas across all PinkNews platforms
- Film, edit and produce original video content for all of PinkNews platforms
- Create data-driven content based on an in-depth understanding of analytics
- Work closely with managers to develop and implement a production strategy across PinkNews social platforms
- Line manage and mentor junior members of the production team to deliver high-quality content and ensure an understanding of platform analytics
- Ensure content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Build a network of relationships with organisations, social media influencers and PRs
- Act as an editorial point of contact for third party partners
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in video production and digital content
- Excellent command of Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Familiarity with commercial and sponsored content
- Keen news sense and interest in the LGBT+ community
- Understanding of PinkNews’ platforms
- Thorough understanding of how social media and online video works
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Belief in equality for all
- Salary up to £28,000
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social (albeit currently remote!) team environment
Please click submit a CV and cover letter with your application, which should be emailed to email@example.com along with examples of you work. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to all applicants but all applications will be reviewed. Please mention Journo Resources in your application, it really helps us out.
PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.