Who we are: ROAD – our clients and culture
An opportunity has arisen to join ROAD, a West London PR and communications agency specialising in health and wellbeing. Our culture is to ‘be creative, be successful and to make a healthy difference’.
Clients include an interesting mix of high street names, start-ups, novel medical technologies and FTSE 150 clients.
Who you are: ROAD – part of the plan
ROAD is a small but perfectly formed team and we are looking for a new member to join us who is full of enthusiasm and initiative; a self-starter, eager to learn and looking for a place to work where you are encouraged to grow.
We are particularly interested in candidates of degree level or equivalent, looking for their first challenge, one where they can make a real impact and get involved right from day one.
The right person will have a positive approach with bags of initiative and want to bring their own personality to the role.
The role: responsibilities and expectations
The role is diverse and challenging in an exciting, hard-working and social environment. You will work as part of a tight team to create content, manage various communication channels including the media (PR), social and digital.
You will be required to quickly understand each medium, how it works, and how one can influence target audiences and other stakeholders. You are interested in the world around you and how it impacts communication.
Training in digital marketing, PR and marketing communication will be provided. ROAD encourages and supports those wanting to learn and push themselves.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Media monitoring, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for ROAD’s clients
- Oversee daily management of social media profiles
- Develop creative content and copy for social media
- Support paid-for social media campaigns
- Research and manage influencer relations
- Assist film production process, from pre-production planning, shoots and editing
- Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media
- Support the development of client proposals and then implement them
- Prepare regular client reports, including coverage analysis and social media performance
- Assist planning and management of events, including press conferences and promotional events
Essential role-specific skills / qualifications
- Degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in health and wellbeing
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- An understanding of the UK media landscape
- High level of initiative, autonomy and self-motivation
- Full of initiative and ideas, instinctively offering good solutions for problems, not simply flagging that there is one!
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Experience in health and wellbeing
- PR experience
- Knowledge of social tools, i.e. Hootsuite, MailChimp, Canva
- Competitive rate of pay
- 25 days holiday per annum, rising to a max of 30 based on length of service
- Digital Marketing Qualification
- Performance bonus
- Self-development programme
Looking for someone to start ASAP.
Please mention Journo Resources when applying – it really helps us out.