IQ, the leading news and content platform for the international live music business, seeks a talented news editor to play a central role in its team. Across digital and print, IQ is accessed by 100,000 professionals per month, and the go-to source of live music business news worldwide.
The news editor is central to the title and responsible for the content on iq-mag.net, including a daily newsletter, Index. The role also includes managing another journalist, while contributing long form features and other content to the monthly magazine.
We are seeking someone whose editorial prowess will help set the agenda across the industry; a skilled journalist who can consistently deliver compelling and unique content. The right candidate will be an exceptional leader who will drive our editorial development and be instrumental in growing IQ across print and digital, and as a multimedia platform.
You will need:
- Solid experience in trade journalism writing about topics ranging from M&A to business trends
- A passion for live music
- Outstanding journalistic and editorial skills
- Excellent editing/proofing ability with a strong attention to detail
- First class social media and SEO skill sets
- A nose for stories and content that make an impact
We hope that you will have:
- Good knowledge of the music business
- Experience moderating conference panels
- Previous experience managing other team members
- An understanding of the sales process and ability to work with commercial team members
Please note that this role is better suited to candidates with a background in trade journalism, as opposed to music journalism or PR.
IQ‘s office is in Kings Cross, London, though a hybrid home-working scenario is also possible.
Apply by sending a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Journo Resources in your application as it really helps us out.