As the Media Subscriptions and Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for the successful acquisition, retention, and growth of our digital paid media subscriptions base and also our print advertising sales for our biennial magazine, The Slice Tower Hamlets, thereby helping us provide the benefits of high-quality, freely available local journalism to those who need it the most.
This is a varied role including face-to-face engagement with different members of the community, from shop owners to directors of local charities, art and culture centres, social enterprises, schools and faith groups as well as digital marketing to promote our titles.
This will suit someone looking for a non-corporate job that makes a difference in the world in a relaxed office environment and one that they can mould flexibly to their strengths, interests and other life commitments.
You will working closely with the Publishing Director and the progression from this role would be to become our Commercial Director and then Managing Director, taking on a key strategic role in the growth of the media company during this period of expansion.
This is an in-office, part-time, permanent job on PAYE offering a base salary plus commission.
Life at Social Streets
Welcome to Social Streets CIC. We are one of the UKs best known and award-winning, independent publishers producing local and hyper local news and culture content for the borough of Tower Hamlets in East London.
This is an opportunity to join a small but successful social enterprise that is pioneering a model of sustainable community journalism that strengthens the local community and is financially sustainable even in disadvantaged areas that benefit from it the most.
We pride ourselves on creating high-quality, constructive journalism that restores faith and trust in local media. We are the leading media brand in East London with the largest cross-channel audiences across our five titles.
People who have worked here say they love how they are valued and can mould the job to their interests and strengths with the opportunity to take on senior leadership responsibilities in a highly-respected organisation that punches above its weight.
You will benefit from
- Part-time available (depending on experience)
- Security of base salary and earn extra in commission
- Six weeks of paid annual leave
- Mould your perfect job – we tailor the job to your interests
- Small team all working collaboratively on all aspects of the business with plenty of commercial and editorial overlap
- Egalitarian company structure, all equal whatever age and experience
- Autonomy and experimentalism encouraged
- Mission-led organisation – feel good about your work!
- Time and support given to learn new skills
- Meet like-minded people, all passionate about creating a fairer, better media that benefits all
- Immerse yourself in arts and culture in East London
- Relaxed vibe – no-fuss, casual dress and office dog
- Work in East London next to Victoria Park
- Join a female-led organisation – all genders welcome of course!
Role and responsibilities…
Your key responsibilities would be
- Increase our subscriber base and develop media partnerships
- Create subscriber retention programs to reduce churn and increase existing subscriber loyalty.
- Sell advertisement space in our biennial magazine The Slice Tower Hamlets (twice a year)
- Manage our subscriber service, Local Hub, trouble-shooting technical problems
- Analyse customer and competitor data and feedback to identify potential areas for improvement in our offerings.
- Conduct continuous market research and competitor analysis to identify new opportunities and areas for growth.
- Utilise data analytics tools to track subscription performance, user behaviour, and revenue trends.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to align subscription and commercial offerings with target audience preferences.
- Report on monthly activities, insights and future strategies
What you will bring…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Media, or a related field
- Proven experience (2+ year minimum) in marketing, customer-services or sales management, with a track record of increasing revenues
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders from local shopkeepers to the CEO of national arts, culture and education bodies. You are the type of person who prefers to speak in person rather than email.
- Strong analytical skills, adept at interpreting data to make informed decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of subscription models, trends, and industry best practices.
- Hubspot, Google Analytics and WordPress specific experience is an asset
Salary and working arrangements
- Pay: Base salary is from £26,000 PRO RATA for those with at least one year’s experience, increasing with experience, plus commission. The first three-month review period is paid at £100 per day. Upon successful completion of the review period the candidate will move onto PAYE on a pro-rata basis.
- Benefits: Six weeks paid annual leave and pension option is offered once on PAYE
- Type of contract: This is a permanent, part-time role, three or four days a week.
- Start date: beginning of November 2023
- Location: This is an in-office role on Roman Road in Bow – due to the nature of the work and size of the team, hybrid work is not an option. Please do not apply if you cannot attend every day in person.
- Hours: Office hours are 8.30 am to 5.30 pm with an hour for lunch
Apply via the link with your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in Social Streets and any experience you have in customer-facing roles, sales or marketing
You will be invited to a 30-minute video interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a short task.
If a final round is needed, this will involve an in-person meeting.
Deadline EXTENSION: Apply by Sunday 22nd October.