Other Jobs You Might Like
About the job
The Ladies European Tour is looking to recruit a star player to join the content and communications team, reporting from golf tournaments around the world, including the Solheim Cup. Ideal candidates will have multimedia journalism experience and a background in creating content for a variety of forms, including websites and social media. They should have a passion for sport and telling the stories of the athletes at the peak of their games, showcasing their skills and personality to a global audience. A knowledge of golf would be an advantage.
The right candidate will have a proven ability to conduct and write/produce interviews, reports, and features. They should also have creative ideas for creating content for every social media channel, from Twitter to Facebook and Instagram to TikTok.
Essential duties and responsibilities
– Excellent writing skills in the English language, an eye for a good story and the ability to write compelling copy
– Strong knowledge of all key social media platforms and how they integrate within a social media strategy
– Self-motivated team player who is full of creative ideas
– Flexible with hours and days due to the nature of professional tournament golf
– The ability to work as part of a team to deadlines
– The ability to keep up with & adapt current trends
– A critical brain with an understanding of the role social media plays in the sporting market and the potential pitfalls that can arise
– Video filming and editing skills would be ideal, along with a basic knowledge of Adobe Creative cloud
– Experience utilising video clipping platforms such as Grabyo would be beneficial
– Bachelor’s degree in media/journalism or postgraduate media qualification
– Experience in the industry
– Must be resident in the UK
Core working hours are 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday and extensive international travel including weekend work is expected.
Candidates should send their CV and salary expectations to LET director of communications Bethan Jones via e-mail: Bethan.Jones@ladieseuropeantour.com
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.